I came to a point in my life where I had gone from being insanely busy studying to having too much free time on my hands. Immediately I knew it wasn’t me. I can’t do the whole sitting at home doing nothing. I like to be sociable and I love having things to do and keep me busy. However aside from that I love having a purpose in life. This purpose is essentially what gets me out of bed in the morning. I’ve been blessed to be given a platform that allows me to work towards a huge vision I have. This vision will only be reached if I have my reasons why written down properly.
If you are working towards anything in life I recommend you write your goals down. I recommend you have a reason why that is bigger than you and that you would never give up on.
Here are my reasons why:
1. My Parents – my main reason will always be the two amazing people who brought me into this world. They raised me to become the woman I am today. They worked day and night to provide for me and my sister. They endured sleepless nights and financial struggles because all they wanted and still want is the best for us. They say if you are your own reason why then you will give up easily. We as humans give up on ourselves all the time. My parents are two people I would never give up on. I will grind for years if it means I can make their lives better, easier or happier in any way. My dad has worked since he was young. Provided for us over and over again. He’s the type to never say no to anyone, to treat everyone equally, to care for people, to fight for his family etc. He’s a real role model. My mother has also worked from a very young age. She’s the busiest woman I know! She’s also the strongest for many reasons. One stands out the most – my mum beat breast cancer! I don’t feel the need to say more as it pretty much speaks for itself. I’m doing what I do for them.
2. My Wider Family – my family is a very diverse bunch of people with different but beautiful personalities! They deserve every happiness and to live life on their own accord and I want to provide that for them and give them that opportunity. Family will always come first. My blood family and the people that came into my life over the years and too became family! Your family are those you can be yourself around, they love and care for you despite anything you may have done, they watch you go from a baby wrapped up in blankets to an adult wrapped up in responsibilities. I’m doing this for them!
3. Charity – I’m a big believer in helping out those less fortunate than I. I’m so grateful for what I have in life and I’m so blessed for the life I’ve been given. I am well aware however that there are people who don’t have what I have. Day after day and night after night these people are struggling to simply survive. They fight for their lives every day. One hour feels like a day to them and one day feels like a week. I want to help the poor, the ill, the young and the old. One dream in particular is to open a school for autistic children. I was inspired to pursue this dream from an experience I had that touched me deeply. I also have a desire to reach out and help orphans. These dreams are bigger than me. I won’t give up on them!
4. My Future – I always dream of what my future will be like. Who I will marry, how many kids I have, where I live etc. I plan random days in the future more than I plan tomorrow. You may say that this is about me so why wouldn’t I give up on it? Well here’s the thing it’s not about me. It’s about my future children and the life I want for them. I can’t give up on something like that!
5. Finally one of my most important ones may confuse a few people reading this. I’m doing it for the younger me. This thought alone gets me motivated and determined to push forward even on the hardest of days. You see I want you to take a moment to think back to the 3/4/5 or even 6 year old version of yourself. Maybe look through some old pictures if it helps. Now ask yourself what would you do for him/her? Would you want the best life for him/her? Would you want them to be happy and surrounded by opportunity? Would you want them to be free to be whoever they want to be? When I think about the younger me I am 100% certain that I want her life to be better than it has been so far because if I ever think that I don’t deserve it, at least I know that she does.
And there you have it guys! The reasons bigger than you will get you to the top!
I wish you all success in your goals and dreams x